Bivouac Wild Auckland Run/Walk Series – Event 1
WILD AUCKLAND BRINGS OUT THE EXPLORER IN ALL OF US!
The Wild Auckland trails series is a series of trail run or walk events that aims to introduce people to regional parks around the Auckland region that they might not have visited before. Now is a great time to explore new trails while the Waitakere Ranges and other parks are closed due to Kauri Dieback.
Relying on their key value of “professionalism in jandals”, Lactic Turkey Events presents a series of events that are achievable, approachable, not overly—competitive (unless you want it to be), affordable and fun for all levels of fitness and experience.
From the Kids Dash (2-3km) to the Expedition (long course) 18-25km there is a distance option for everyone.
So put on your adventurer shoes and join us to explore new areas, to stretch the legs and to treat the eyes to sweet views and scenery!
- Fun, achievable, adventurous off-road runs – capturing the adventurer in all of us!
- Family friendly – with courses for the whole family
- Getting people out of the city to experience the parks and enjoy their amazing views and scenery
- Showcase and introduce people to some of the newer Auckland regional parks
- Showing people alternatives to the Waitakere ranges now they are closed
- Showcase people camping in these parks – free camping the night before
Dates & Venues:
- 21 Aug – Tawharanui
- 11 Sept – Tapapakanga
- 2 Oct – Te Arai
- 27 Nov – Piha (will also include a 50km 1/2 Hillary Ultra from Huia to Piha)