We've been trying hard to think of a catchy, succinct way to let you know about the amazingness of the Relay event of the @riverheadbackyardrelaps on 4th April but there is just too much goodness to narrow it down!
So here are just some of the reasons why you should gather up a few friends, colleagues, relations, sports buddies or strangers and enter this event:
1. You get to spend an entire day hanging out at an unforgettable event, occasionally going for a run on some sweet forest trails
2. Teams can be two, four or six person so choose your favourite people to create a team and enter the 8, 12 or 24 hour event
3. Every single person entered goes in the draw to win the use of a VW Amarok for a weekend thanks to the fantastic team at Volkswagen Commercial
4. There will be many of New Zealand’s top trail runners at the event, either in relay teams or competing in the Relaps Backyard Ultra (Last Person Standing event) happening at the same time. You’ll get to hang with these champions, get some selfies and even run with them out on the trails
5. The mastermind behind The Barkley Marathon and Last Man Standing Events, Gary “Lazarus Lake” Cantrell, is coming all the way from the US to be there, a once in a lifetime opportunity to be in the same arena as him
6. The event has a party atmosphere with every team allocated a tent site, sweet sounds playing all day, food trucks, a chill-out zone and more
There are plenty more reasons to enter but we didn’t warn you at the start to make a cup of tea first so it would be rude to make this post any longer.
To see all those other reasons, for more information and to enter: http://riverheadbackyardrelaps.co.nz/
@volkswagen_nz #lastpersonstanding #runrelay #trailrunning #backyardultra #nztrailrunning #riverheadforest #roundandround #auckland #exploreauckland #trailrunningnz #ultrarunning #ultrarunner #lazuruslake #laz #bigsbackyardultra ...